Evaluating International Qualifications using UK NARIC's International Comparisons
This session gives an introduction to evaluation criteria with a specific focus on using UK NARIC's key online database International Comparisons. Topics covered include the Lisbon recognition convention, different education system models, distance education and recent developments in secondary education in a range of countries. By working through specific tasks and examples you will gain a sound knowledge of the full range and capabilities of the online database and how to apply this knowledge to everyday situations.
This training is aimed at all UK NARIC members, providing an introductory or refresher course on using the online recognition tools. The course shows the best way to make use of UK NARIC's unique data and provides delegates with a wider understanding of the UK NARIC role for education institutions, employers, careers organisations and professional bodies. This is particularly useful for those who are new to using the UK NARIC service.
The key objectives of the training are to:
- Understand how to apply credential evaluation and assessment theory to reach a final decision regarding comparability
- Understand how the status of an institution may affect the result of a comparison
- Explore the relevance of academic and vocational education and training systems
- Identify key features of the UK NARIC online database International Comparisons
- Be confident in using the databases to answer real life scenarios
- Identify further resources and support
- Understand how to navigate and access the full range of information available on the online database
Delegates will receive a comprehensive training manual to support the fully interactive session, which will be used in conjunction with the UK NARIC software.
To book on this course please login or complete a Training Booking Form.
The cost to attend our half-day training workshops is £275 + VAT per person.
If you are a UK NARIC member then you
may have complimentary training places that can be used for these workshops so that you can attend for free. Your Power User at your institution
or your UK NARIC account manager can give you more information, or email email@example.com.