The Europass Mobility Document records skills and competences acquired through an organised period of learning or training abroad.
Organisations across Europe often provide learning or training opportunities to individuals from a range of
different backgrounds to help them achieve their potential. One of the key difficulties for the individual
is being able to record the skills they have learned and back the skills up with evidence. This is where
Europass Mobility can help.
Europass Mobility provides an opportunity for individuals to record and promote Lifelong Learning
Programme activities. It describes the placement and show the skills gained during the programme activity.
It records the linguistic, practical, IT, personal, social, work-based and ‘soft’ skills that the participant
has gained during a placement. When it comes to recruitment or education admissions, Europass Mobility
helps an organisation to find the individual that stands out from the crowd.
The process involves three participants; the individual taking part in the placement,
a ‘sending’ organisation and a ‘host’ organisation.
By registering with Europass Mobility, organisations can help individuals identify the skills and experiences they
gain when they are sent on work or study placements within Europe. Under the Europass Mobility scheme organisations
can help an individual identify conducted activities which will help them develop new skills and competences.
All the organisation has to do is register on
the Europass website.
Here is a video tutorial of the registration process:
Guidelines on completing the Europass Mobility Document are available to download.
A host is any organisation offering a short course, voluntary activity or work placement to the individual.
Host Organisations should describe the skills and competences an individual has gained as a result of
the experience and record these in the Europass Mobility document.
If you would like more information about the Europass Mobility Document
a case study and an example of a completed Europass Document can be downloaded.
How does using the Europass Mobility Document benefit my organisation?
The Europass Mobility Document:
- Provides added value to the project by recording the purpose and outcomes of the individuals’ placements.
- Increases the transparency and visibility of the project/placement and provides an opportunity to disseminate the results.
- Helps organisations to recognise an individual’s learning achievement
- Facilitates the recognition of a variety of types of learning and training situations
- Presents transferable skills and competences gained during a placement
- Provides additional information on the employability of an individual through these acquired skills and competences
Register / Login for Europass Mobility